For the added safety of the pets in our care, Bark&Zoom recently has had 6 experienced Pack members become certified in Canine & Feline CPR and First Aid. Bark&Zoom has received a Certificate attesting to the fact that Staff have completed the certification and that we are now a Certified Pet CPR+ location.
What does this mean for the animals in our care?
The PetCPR+ Certification program is designed to teach the participants the fundamentals of canine and feline CPR and First Aid. Our Pack members have learned what to do for a pet in an emergency situation while boarding with us prior to getting veterinary care. The curriculum was developed by licensed veterinary professionals using veterinary industry standard methods of emergency medical care.
Some of the specifics of the course include:
- Safety techniques when working with sick and/or injured animals
- How to perform emergency triage and assess if an animal is experiencing a life threatening medical emergency
- How to restrain and properly transport sick and/or injured animals
- How to provide emergency first aid to dogs and cats en-route to veterinary care
- How to take vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration, CRT) and determine normal vs abnormal readings
- Learn about the importance of the pet first aid kit and how to use the materials in it during an emergency
- How to manage and provide first aid for many common medical emergencies such as severe wounds, poisoning, burns, choking and more
- How to perform the most current industry standard method of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation on dogs and cats (Participants will receive a PetCPR+ Certification valid for 2 years)
What does this mean for our Customers?
Peace of mind. If, while in our care, your beloved pet should develop any medical issues, our staff is trained to assess and take action to help immediately.
We’re proud of our Pack members for taking the time to add these skills to their tool box, and happy to be able to offer them to all the animals in our care.